Anyways, this week the hike started in Aberdeen, just minutes from my apartment. I live right on the other side of this cemetary, but have never gotten a good picture until now. The cemetaries in Hong Kong amaze me, because they are also built nearly vertical and densely populated. Right up the side of the hill.
Here's where we actually met up with the Hong Kong trail. As you can see, just 6.5 km to the Wan Chai Gap!
The requisite map. Although it's a little misleading. The red section on this map is section 2. We're going to hike to the right of the "You Are Here" sticker.
A small little pond. What's down there?
Oh, it's some dude doing Tai Chi. He was clapping and chanting something we couldn't understand.
The Aberdeen reseviour, I believe. Of course, I'm probably wrong.
Done with section 3, onto 4!
Now it's off to Black's Link, another 5.5 km!
Here's where I saw an old WWII embankment. The others were all walking too fast, and missed it.
It's trees on the moon. Or just Hong Kong's idea of erosion management. Actually, we think it's to catch MORE water off the hills, as all the runoff leads into the resiviours.
By this point Joe was a little behind us, so we left him a directional.
Another view of Aberdeen and Lamma Island.
The lay of the land.
Hey, this looks familiar! It's the starting point of last week's excursion. That means we're done!
A couple of nice rides while we cooled down.
While looking for food, we stumbled upon this temple in South Bay.
This hike was much easier than last weeks. Most of the walk was pretty level, with the exception of just a few places. No 1100 steps in a row. But we probably walked about 17 kilometers or so, just over 10 miles. And they want to go again on Sunday! We'll see how I feel.On a non-hiking note, I'm down to less than 80 hours in Hong Kong. I'm pretty excited to get home. I've pretty much finished buying anything, and the movers are coming on Monday to pack up my stuff and air freight it home. It's gonna be weird walking into the office in Minneapolis in January, knowing I'm not coming back to HK.
No comments:
Post a Comment