Anyways, it was time to do something. And Home Depot was there to help! First step, remove all clothes and place on the bed. This meant sleeping in the guest room for 4 nights or so. (I'm slow, and it was a holiday weekend)
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Closet Re-org
One of the least desirable aspects of my home is the craptacular closets. The master bedroom closet was just a steel pole across and a cheap piece of warped wood on top. This leads to awesome closet organization like this:
The second picture isn't even as bad as usual, because most of my clothes are still enroute from Hong Kong. Hopefully they arrive this week.
Anyways, it was time to do something. And Home Depot was there to help! First step, remove all clothes and place on the bed. This meant sleeping in the guest room for 4 nights or so. (I'm slow, and it was a holiday weekend)
Next, prime and repaint the closet. Fortunately there was left over paint from the living room, so the closet is now tan/brown.
Finally, install ClosetMaid organization kit. This only took approximately 16 trips to The Home Depot, mostly because I failed at measurement and remembering things. But the finished product looks good, and is much more functional than before. And I only screwed up a couple of times.
Still waiting on those clothes.
Anyways, it was time to do something. And Home Depot was there to help! First step, remove all clothes and place on the bed. This meant sleeping in the guest room for 4 nights or so. (I'm slow, and it was a holiday weekend)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sweet closet!!!
Dude -
Go back to China! At least then your posts were a wee-bit interesting!
Sheesh! A closet?!
I like it. But the guy above has a point, maybe a factoid about how many Chinese papier-mâché dragons could fit in the empty closet would spice things up? Maybe not.
your mother must be sooooo proud!!
hey, i warned you that since i've returned, it will be home ownership focused!
and yes, it's a sweet closet that could hold approximately 25 asian midgets.
i don't know, but thanks for that site!
Post a Comment