Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New (Impractical) Toy

I guess the very definition of toy implies impractical. And it isn't really new, unless you count new-to-me. But after a long time of looking, I've finally got what I've wanted for so long.

A Porsche.

It's a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo, also known as a Type 951. It's in beautiful condition for a 20 year old car, and goes like hell. I wasn't enamored with the Guards Red, but it's hard to find one in any other color. It has 17" Fikse wheels on it, and a number of modifications. I took a couple of coworkers out for rides, and I'm pretty sure they were quite impressed.

This is a spring to fall car exclusively, so it's been put away for the rest of winter. Today was it's romp in the sun. I've already sent for the Porsche Club of America application.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. do you fit actual fit in this one???

Jarvy said...

it's tight. no adjustable wheel, sport seats. it does have back seats, but I don't know why.

Mr. Anderson said...

I think it's a quality purchase as long as you wear a Whitesnake shirt when you drive it.

Chadwick said...

very nice car. although i think a great white shirt would work just as well.

Jarvy said...

I was thinking more along the lines of Journey or REO Speedwagon. But maybe that's more of a 73 'Cuda.