Monday, October 23, 2006

Guilin

So like I was saying, after Yangshuo, we made it back to Guilin around 3 ish. This left us enough time to walk around the Li River and check out Elephant Hill. What is Elephant Hill? Well, if you look hard enough, it might look like an elephant. Or not.
There is an old pagoda at the top. It's quite the climb up. No wonder they're all in such good shape here.
Is this the part that looks like an elephant?
Once at the top, it's a decent view of the Li River below. To the north.
And to the south.
A late flight put me into Guangzhou around 12:30. Which left me just enough time to start a load of laundry, and catch a few z's until getting up early to catch a train to Hong Kong, where I will meet up with my family. I'm gonna try to follow them around a bit, but we'll see.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

AMAZING! This blog is blowing my mind. Great pictures.

How hard is it to get of China now that you have a visa. Can you just go over to Japan?

Jarvy said...

I can just go to Japan, but they don't have visa requirements. There's a gov't website that says which countries require a visa.