Monday, March 12, 2007

Basement Renovations

I know, I know. It's been QUITE awhile since I've posted here. What can I say, life's been pretty boring as of late. What have I been up to? Well, mostly basement remodelling this last weekend. For those of you who have forgotten, and that's probably ALL of you, this is what my basement looked like when I moved into this place.Notice the crappy wood panelling and beautiful mauve carpet. Not great, but certainly better than other decor in the house at the time. Well, back in October of 2005 (yes, a very long time ago) I had a little bit of water down there. The reason is not of concern anymore, but it began a chain of events that I could not have envisioned.

Jake and I ripped up the carpet back then, as it was not what I wanted. Under the carpet, tile. And not just any tile, but asbestos tile. So I had that removed professionally.
With the trip to China, work on the basement was put on hold. Other things around the house were more important, anyways. Mike and I did clean out all the panelling, but that was about it for the summer.

Here's what the basement looked like last Monday. New doors were put in. A bit of updating some of the wiring. Now it was time for some drywall.
Fortunately, Jake once again came to assist me! He had plenty of experience, which came in handy!
Whoo hoo! Sheetrock is on the walls.
Tomorrow will be the taping/mudding. Against some better judgement, I'm going to try to tackle that job myself. With any luck, we'll prime by Thursday, and paint it next week.

1 comment:

christina said...

nice job. what are you putting on the floor? new tile? perhaps when we are both done we can have a progressive dinner/look at the remodeling party.