Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Usability/Viewability

So I'm using a new (to me) tool to post my posts: MarsEdit. It's supposed to be a full function 'blog editor for OS X. Flickr integration, easy to use, and I don't have to login to blogger to do everything.

But of course, with all that comes change. And it's not always good. You may have noticed that the previews in the blog are smaller. That's because it's a choice between that size and a broken look. And when you click a picture, it takes you to a flickr page. Which I'm not sure I like. And sometimes it puts weird line breaks in places I don't expect.

So let me know. Is it still acceptable? Does the flickr thing bother you? Maybe I just need more practice to get it set up properly.

update:
Well, I found the first issue, for me at least. Flickr is blocked at work. So none of the pictures show up at all. Anyone else have that problem? Could kill the Flickr integration piece.

4 comments:

christina said...

i kind of have no idea what you are just talking about with the broken posts. i will tell you that i'm not thrilled with flickr. they have now made all these restrictions on file size (in order to get you to buy their $24.95 a year package) and i don't think that organizing they or viewing them is at all effortless. seems like picassa is better.

Stephen said...

I can't see any photos on the packer or this post.

Jarvy said...

that settles it. flickr can bite me.

fat kid said...

your geekiness never ceases to amaze me...