Monday, March 10, 2008

San Diego

So last week I had to go to sunny San Diego, California for a work conference. It's tough, let me tell you. Gotta get up at 7am, attend meetings until 10pm, then hit the bars for "networking." Anyways, Kelsey and her friend Stephanie came down on Thursday so I stayed the extra weekend.

Friday afternoon was the good stuff, heading over to Balboa Park and the Zoo. I know very little about the park, but it was pretty cool. Almost like it was someone's mansion back in the day.Here was a little tourist trap with cool painted tiles.
Of course, the thing to see in Balboa Park is the San Diego Zoo. It's well known for being one of the largest zoos in the US.We got there pretty late, so only had about two hours to wander around. First we hit up a bus tour, which gave us a heads up on what places we would like to go back to. What all did we see?

Camels.
Little brown bears.
Elephants.
Lazy koalas.
I was able to get much better pictures than the last time I was at a zoo.
I don't believe these distances are correct. But I think they're supposed to be somewhere in Thailand, given that Rangoon is in Myanmar and Angkor Wat is in Cambodia.
Ah, the Footsie Wootsie. I just thought it was a funny name for a machine. It doesn't look like it gives a very good massage.
A couple of black bears wrestling.
YES! It only took me 2 years, but I have FINALLY pictured a Giant Panda Bear. No more Red Pandas haunting my dreams. In fact, I saw THREE Pandas. Take that, China!
They're almost as lazy as the koalas. Except pandas do more eating.
Now back to your regularly scheduled animals.
Flamingos. I like this picture cause I was really far away, and it turned out pretty good.
For some reason, the zebras were just showing off their ass all day. None wanted their pictures taken.
Hi, my name is Aaron, and I've got the mind of a 4th grader. I still laugh at this.
Polar bear. San Diego isn't really the right climate for this guy.
To finish, we took the skycar across the park.
Saturday we didn't do much, but I did make it to the In-N-Out Burger. The secret to In-N-Out is the secret menu. Did that sentence make sense?
I stuck to the regular 2x2, although I did get the Neopolitan shake. The fries, while fresh, weren't quite what I was expecting. Maybe I'd get them well done. Although the burger was very tasty.

1 comment:

fat kid said...

LUV THE PANDAS!!!
and yes, you are such a 4th grader...