Thursday, August 17, 2006

Required Update

So the flight back to GZ was bearable. But just barely. I had a regular coach seat, no exit row, from Minneapolis to Tokyo. That was rough. I'm a tall dude, and those little seats just don't work. I think my leg is still sore.

Of course, no transpacific flight is complete without some drama, right? This time, I think someone died on the plane. Okay, maybe not died, but something was going on. Somewhere over Alberta, Canada, they page the entire plane asking if there's a doctor on board and if so, they should head to row 61. Then they ask for anyone with medical training at all. Lots of flight attendents back there too. Not sure what happened, but it all died down after an hour.

I've moved into a new office in the office, too. It seems they added 4 or 5 people the week I was home, so my cube was given away. Fortunately (maybe), Dave ran out of days in China, so he went to HK for the rest of the year. That means I got to take over his sweet office, with a view.

Speaking of home, while I was there, we got the new security system installed. So don't any of you hoodlums reading this think you can break in! Yeah, it was a bunch of money. No, I'm not completely sold on the effectiveness. But Kelsey obviously likes it and I think it makes her feel safer. After all, we know the dog won't attack a stranger, except by licking them. And if it scares off the riff raff, well, that's all I want. It's not like I have lots of valuable items in my house.

I'm sorry I haven't gone anywhere cool, or had pictures for you guys lately. It's just the way it works sometimes. Maybe something will come up here soon. India? Taiwan again? I just don't know.

No comments: