Sunday, May 20, 2007
Mad Town
After Brendan's wedding, we figured we were close enough, so we headed down to Madison for Saturday night. Donnie and Heather were kind enough to put us up for the evening. The weather was perfect again, so we headed to the Union Terrace for a couple of drinks.
We played President, where I absolutely ruled. I was the president every round except one, when I was vice. My luck would not hold out the rest of the evening unfortunately.
Chad met up with us later, at the Irish Pub. Chad recently graduated with his law degree, and will be moving down to Chicago.
We did a bit of a tour of State Street, heading over to The Pub next.
We decided to head back to Donnie's around 11ish. No one knew quite how tired Donnie was, though. He crashed hard. For which we made lots of fun. The rest of us stayed up a few more hours playing more card games.
The ride back was less than comfortable. We thought it would be a good idea to save on gas money and all cram into Mike's truck. Five people in an F150 is NOT the way to spend 4+ hours. We stopped in Black River Falls to stretch. Like many places in Wisconsin, they have giant figurines for advertising stuff.
This one's for you, Hye.
All in all, a great weekend. It was exactly the escape I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL! i miss that moose.
Oh I miss my madison and 90/94! those photos made me very jealous. I will be back in MN may 31st until the wedding, shuffleboard at the bulldog?
Post a Comment