Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Big Things, Little Things

So I believe Stephen asked for a size comparison of the monkey statue to something of known quantity. So we'll use myself. For those of you not in the know, I'm approximately 6'3" or 6'4".

Here's the Darwin monkey statue. Given my distance from it, and taking into account the angle of the camera, it's like 12 feet high. I'm standing at least 10-15' from the statue itself.
Since this is such a fun game, I found another picture! This one from Bangkok. It's a good picture of me in this part of the world. No, that's not a child. She was the waitress at the restaurant.

6 comments:

Stephen said...

"I'm approximately 6'3" or 6'4"." Waht does the old WI license say?

I have the same statue but it's maybe a foot tall. The bigger one is very impressive. What about this bird flu I hear about?

Jarvy said...

Well, besides the fact that I don't have a 'Sconi license, the MN one says 6'4". And I'm in China, if there is bird flu, they're not telling us. Hopefully I don't die.

Anonymous said...

J-

So could you please clarify which one's the monkey in that first photo?

O'Fest

Anonymous said...

All i can think about is the small hallway in Gundersen Lutheran with you, me, and the JAW...

Your expereince so far looks impressive. Great photos and comments.

Have you had a chance to drive a Geely yet?

Jarvy said...

Drive a Geely? There is no driving for me in China. Jared, if my driving has EVER scared you, I don't suggest you take a taxi in Guangzhou. It took a long time to just not worry about if I'll survive the trip.

Jarvy said...

"she is so wee or, conversely i guess, you are so big."
yeah, the whole restaurant was full of people her size. i was a giant among asians.