This is a view down one of the streets on Thursday night. Friday night this same street was nearly impossible to walk down.
Lots of neon, of course.
Yes, I did eat at this restaurant, and I had good luck! Mostly in that I didn't get violently ill.
After I returned, I made a trip to Beijing Lu, here in Guangzhou. Beijing Lu is a large outdoor shopping mall. If you look enough, this is where all the knock off merchandise is. I took a picture from halfway down the mall, so you could get an idea of what it's like here.
Lots and lots of people, and stores as far as you care to walk. The real goods are hidden behind the stores you see in the picture, deep in the building. Anyways, the upcoming week is pretty dull, lots of work, not much travelling. So if I don't have much to post, that's why.
2 comments:
How much Chinese are you picking up?
nearly zero. it's tough! None of the Chinese spellings are actual, just kind of what they sound like to us.
nihao - Hello
chungwa da jodian - China Hotel
duo shao chian - how much does it cost
ey dong ping piju - one cold bottled beer
wo xian xi... - take me to ...
duay - yes
bu duay - no
so that's about it.
Post a Comment