Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hoodlums

My uncle Bob stopped by last night to go to dinner and discuss Guangzhou. He had spent some time there a couple of years ago, and had some interesting stories to tell. We ate at Chiapas, a little Mexican restaurant on Central and Lowry, which I really like. Unfortunately, they don't have cerveza, and the sangria is sin alcohol. But the meal was delicious none-the-less.

As we get back to my house, around 8:15, I notice there are two police cars in my driveway. Uncle Bob drives a large van, and it seems two neighborhood hoodlums tried to break in, smashing two windows and making off with approximately $4. Fortunately my neighbor drove into his driveway, saw the kids, and called the cops. I guess these punks get caught pretty often. As for the damage to the van:



It was a mess to clean up, but in the end it's just two windows. We've got the contact info for the family, although I hear the parents are great roll models for the kids... We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: